Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Five Kilos Gone (Part Deux)

"WHAT?!?" I literally shouted when I stepped on the scale tonight. That comment made by one of our local grocery store (La Nueva) managers that I had lost some weight was ringing in my ears all night so I decided to finally step on my scale after a seven-day absence. (I honestly thought it was merely "pity compliment" cuz I was all alone eating one lonely little hash brown.)

I can't believe the title I'm using for this blog is actually appropriate this time. I'm a bit incredulous because I still feel bloated from the holidays. Not counting PMS (and then menopause, as my friend Riri so candidly puts it), that is. Still incredulous because this latest "report" by my trusty scale is unbelievable.

Seriously!

But then, my loyal purple scale has never let me down. Hmmm... I guess this walking addiction of mine is finally paying off? This is amazing news considering that I’ve been indulging on ice cream with my officemates the whole time. I guess when you learn to forgive yourself for your excesses you’ll learn to live a happy, worry-free life.

This is such amazing news! I'll definitely take this as a positive boost to my healthy living regimen. Although Ms. Tara Boyance's sit-up regimen might prove handy too… such a great advice from such a generous friend. December 2008 goal, here I come! (I hope.) Wish me luck! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment