Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Real Friends--Why You Should Definitely Have them Around!

Ok, so I got this sms recently from one of the sweetest person I know. It goes:
"It's just something that happens as you grow up...
You realize it's less important to have many friends...
and it's more important to have real ones."

I know the message was really simple, but it really got the wheels in my brain moving. Why the heck am I wasting all this time trying to please everybody and be everyone's friend? I mean, there's nothing wrong with it, but it's stealing precious time, time that I could've spent fostering stronger relationships with the ones who REALLY matter... the ones who have stood by me through thick and thin, in sickness and in health. No, no, there's no ‘til death do us part. I'm saving that for my future husband. Seriously though, I know who my real friends are. I may have momentarily forgotten who they are amidst all the hustle and bustle of work and play and everything in between (and my PC of course) but now it's all coming back to me. You gals and guys know who you are and I know you'll always be there. So thank you! We may not see each other that often but when we do, ah... perfection! It's amazing how warm and fuzzy the feeling of having you in my life is. And for that, I'm grateful. Thank you for making my life a whole lot better. You're all amazing. In fact, I'd even go as far as calling you HEROES -- cuz you've definitely saved my life countless times. GRAZIE MI AMICI! Mi manchi! :)

P.S.

Thanks, Julie, for the sms. Inspiring, as always. That's just the kind of person you are and that's the way we like it. God bless you for being such an inspiration to us all.

No comments:

Post a Comment